Apparently one piece of circumstantial evidence can prove a murder case beyond doubt. Michael Reed claims that the alleged residue marks on Robin's thumb as seen in the picture published on the 3rd Degree documentary slamdunk prove that Robin committed the murders because he loaded the magazines.
Why stop there?
- David's fingerprints were on the rifle - slamdunk! David was the last person to use it.
- David had a bruise on his temple, blood on his crotch and front and back of t-shirt and glasses he wore when his own were unavailable were found broken in the crime scene along with his bloodied opera gloves, consistent with a fight with Stephen - slamdunk! David killed Stephen.
- All the bedroom lights were out when the police arrived except for Margaret's which is inconsistent with David being an innocent "finder" who would have left the lights on after ascertaining all the family members were deceased, as reported in the 111 call - slamdunk! David created the crime scene.
- David had a plan to use the paper run as an alibi for a crime - slamdunk! David used that plan in order to kill his family and try and get off.
- Hearsay evidence from Arawa is that David was threatening the family with his gun - slamdunk! David premeditated the murders.
- The rifle belonged to David and he had control of it - slamdunk! He committed the murders
- David destroyed crucial evidence, including the green jersey apparently worn by the killer, by putting it in the wash and leaving a partial palm print on the washing machine - slamdunk! David wore the green jersey and it got covered in blood fighting Stephen. He then had to destory the evidence by putting the woollen jersey into the machine wash, rather than have it hand washed as was the normal practice in the household.
- The washing machine should have still been going when the police arrived if David turned it on after coming home from the paper run - slamdunk! David put the washing on after murdering his siblings and mother much earlier in the morning.
- Robin's bladder was full at the time of death - slamdunk! Robin could not have committed the murders on a full bladder.
- Robin's fingerprints were not on the rifle or in any way associated with the crime scene - slamdunk! Robin could not have committed the murders.